St Luke's has a thriving musical life including a choir who practice and sing weekly in our services and regular concerts and events.
Our choir is a small SATB ( soprano, alto, tenor, bass) choir, affiliated to the Royal School of Church Music. The choir uses a variety of both traditional and contemporary music, in four-part harmony, providing a lead at regular church services and enriching worship with the use of special music and anthems.
The Choir practices on Friday evenings, in church, from 8pm – 9:15pm, and immediately prior to a service. They have time off from rehearsals after Christmas and Easter, and during August.
The choir sings at the following services:
* 10am service every Sunday
* Full Choral Evensong once a term
* Services during Lent, Holy Week and on Easter Day and other festivals and services including Harvest, Remembrance and our annual memorial service,
* Services leading up to Christmas, including our Advent Ring Service, a traditional Carol Service and a Communion Service on Christmas Day,
* They also sing at weddings when requested to do so (and for a fee).
Belonging to our choir takes commitment, but has the following benefits:
* Sing a variety of different styles of music
* Provides friendship and fellowship amongst a group of people who enjoy making music (includes 2 – 3 choir social events throughout the year)
* Makes a valuable contribution towards the life and worship of the church
If you enjoy singing and are interested in being part of this rewarding and friendly choir, please contact the parish office